Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a Residential Park Home and a Caravan Holiday Home?
- A Park Home (sometimes referred to as a mobile home), is built to British Standard 3632, the "Specification for Residential Park Homes". It is a timber-framed residential property, suitable for all-year-round habitation and can therefore be used as your main UK residence if sited on a park or location with a residential licence. Residents are protected with security of tenure by the Mobile Homes Act if the Park is registered with a residential licence.
- A Caravan Holiday Home is built to EN.1647 which is a lower build standard in terms of the overall structure and level of insulation. Caravan Holiday Homes are only suitable for seasonal use due to the lower level of insulation and build quality.
How much do park homes at Ashdown Park cost?
- Prices start at £175,000.
What’s included in our new park home?
- The home price includes a fitted kitchen complete with appliances, bedrooms with built-in furniture or walk-in robes, bathrooms, lounge suite, dining suite, carpets and vinyl, curtains, soft furnishings including bed, bedding and wall-mounted headboards. There is also the facility to add features to your home such as a home entertainment system, wine cooler, additional appliances, saunas and a wide range of Eco Options.
Can I choose the home I want, even if it’s not featured on your website?
- Yes. We recommend and use park home manufacturer Omar, because of their commitment to quality, design and innovation found in their park homes. You can choose any design and layout you wish so that your new park home suits your lifestyle and requirements. Download an Omar Brochure to see the full range of park homes available.
How many park homes are there at Ashdown Park?
- There are just 31, making this a small, friendly and quiet park.
How many vacant plots are currently available for new park homes?
Is there a minimum age qualification for residents at Ashdown Park?
- Yes. We have designed the park in a beautiful rural setting specifically for people who are retired and want to enjoy the peaceful, quiet and tranquil setting. For this reason, park homes can only be occupied by people over the age of 55.
Can our grandchildren visit us?
- Yes, of course. However, occupiers are responsible for the conduct of visitors and children.
Can we have dogs, cats or other pets?
- Park home owners may have one dog and/or one cat in accordance with our park rules, a copy of which is available on request.
Can we run a business from our park home?
- You can work individually from home by carrying out any office work of a type which does not create a nuisance to other occupiers and does not involve other staff, other workers, customers or members of the public calling at the park home or the park.
How many cars can we park at our Park Home?
- (If your drive permits, 2 vehicles). Where your drive permits space for one vehicle, then permission is just for one vehicle. You must not park commercial vehicles of any sort, including light commercial or light goods vehicles on the park.