Local pubs and restaurants
There are several great pubs and restaurants close to Ashdown Park including:
- Crown Inn, Roecliffe - A 16th century coaching inn that offers a quality dining experience. Approximately 2 miles
- Black Bull Inn, Boroughbridge - A local pub that serves a wide range of food and ales. Approximately 1 mile.
- Grantham Arms, Boroughbridge - The Grantham Arms offers fantastic quality food (much of it from Yorkshire) at sensible prices and also has an extensive gin selection, cocktail menu and wine list for those just wanting a few drinks. Approximately 2 miles.
- Royal Oak, Staveley - The Royal Oak is a beautiful pub with real ales, a great wine list, fantastic food and a wealth of character. Approximately 4 miles.
- Hare & Hounds, Burton Leonard - Great traditional pub atmosphere, open fires together with beer garden. Approximately 6 miles.
Shops and services
Boroughbridge has a good range of independent shops including a newsagent's, a butcher's shop, hardware store and pharmacy as well as a Morrison’s Supermarket just around the corner from Ashdown Park. There is also a Tourist Information Centre in the town with details of places to visit throughout the area. In addition, there are a GP surgery and dental practice in the town.